Sunday, August 30, 2015

I Love to See the Temple, I'm Going There . . . Almost Every Day!

We are really enjoying Idaho!
 
On Monday, instead of packing our bikes and driving somewhere else to ride, Dad and I decided to explore some of the areas around our apartment.  We don't like riding on roads, but there is not much traffic on some of the smaller farm roads.  Here we took a dirt road through some farmland.  We ended up having to turn around and go back--lots of sand, rocks, and mud!
 
 
I colored some pictures for Afton and Eliza and mailed them to them.

 
Eliza insisted on bringing hers to the dinner table.  Pa, ha!

 
Wednesday, August 26th, 2015
Dad's First Day of Work - New Teacher Training
 
 
Thursday--the second day of new teacher training.
Dad has gone from a white shirt and suit to a colored shirt and slacks!
Let's hope he doesn't wear jeans tomorrow!
PS.  I think he's the cutest professor on campus!
 
 
Friday we decided to ride our bikes and explore the east end of Rexburg.
The only problem . . . we had to make it up the hill!
Dad made it all the way to the temple without stopping.  I had to do the walk of shame part way up the hill.  But in my defense, on the way back, we came down a different hill--but I clocked my speed at 32.4 miles per hour . . . without pedaling.  It was a big hill!
 

 
So we headed east . . . and just kept going.  It was beautiful and hardly any traffic.  Farmland everywhere!  I thought I would miss the mountains being close to us--like they are in Colorado Springs.  But all the farmland is a different kind of beauty--and I love it!  It's so peaceful.  Dad and I rode 13 miles.

 
When we got back from our bike ride, we had a message from the Leishmans.  Steve and Sam were in town.  Sam was interviewing for a job.  So we got together with them and Steve's brother at the Hickory for lunch.
 
 
After that we took some stuff into Dad's new office, got a parking pass for me, and went to the temple.  Again, it is so wonderful being so close to the temple!
 
Saturday I went to a Stake Women's Conference in the morning.  Then Dad and I spent the afternoon in Idaho Falls with our builder.  Our plans are coming along nicely, and we are getting excited.  We're hoping to sign a contract next week.
 
Love you all!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment