Sunday, May 11, 2014

The "Y" Date

I was in charge of our alphabet date this week.  We are on the letter "Y."

My pouty face (below) is reflective of my frustration in trying to execute our date.
First, we were supposed to hold our date in the "yard," but it was too cold.
Second, we were going to pick up food at the House of "Yakitori" and bring it home.
Since it was too cold, I decided we would just eat at the restaurant.  But when we got there, it had closed down and a new restaurant was having it's grand opening!
And then third, I planned on "yellow" food for our dessert--specifically yellow Oreos and a yellow cake.  We've been having trouble with our oven.  So my yellow cake was not completely cooked in the middle and sunk.  Not wanting to waste frosting, I frosted around the gooey sunken middle.

It's a good thing dating is more about spending time with my cute husband than about what we actually do!
Because despite all the mishaps, we had a wonderful time!



We played "Yahtzee."
(Photo bomb courtesy of Jayna.)



And I got Yahtzee on my first roll!



And a few rolls later, I got it again!



Then we practiced our "yo yo" tricks.
We learned how to put the yo yo to sleep and walk the dog.


Lots of fun . . . sure glad Dad's in charge of the letter Z.





1 comment:

  1. Oh man. So many things went wrong! I love your Plan B though.

    ReplyDelete