Sunday, January 25, 2015

Love the Colorado Snow!

 
 This has become a Sunday night tradition--playing a few rounds of Phase 10.
 


 
 
Jayna decided she wanted to learn how to knit--so she got a book and taught herself.  After she finished a few rows, she declared, "I'm basically a grandma now."

 
 
On Saturday, we went snow shoeing with the McKeans at Horsethief Falls trail and had a wonderful time.  Jayna was excited to go snow shoeing for the first time.  Dad was happy to go--but mostly because he knew I wanted to go.  But by the time we were done, he said, "I love this!"  I think we found a new hobby we can do together!
 
 
We are actually standing on the frozen falls right here.  There was ice beneath the snow.  And if you listened carefully, you could hear the water running underneath.
 


 
This was steeper than it looks!

 
We found some teepees off the path.

 
After we hiked the falls, we went over into a beautiful valley.


 
You gotta love Colorado in the winter!

 

1 comment:

  1. Those both look so fun! I would be partial to Rummikub though so that I could challenge reigning champ Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete