Sunday, November 30, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

Jayna came home on Wednesday for Thanksgiving!  But since she got up at 3:30 a.m. to make her flight, an afternoon nap was inevitable.
 
 
 
Introducing Jedediah "Jed" the Jeep!
Jayna's new four-wheel drive car for the snow.
She particularly likes the red-neck lights on the top.  :)

 
Going for a test drive.

 
 
A pre-Thanksgiving-meal nap.

 
Happy Thanksgiving!

 

 
Yummy pie and gluten free chocolate cake while watching . . .
The Santa Clause!!!

 
 
The No-Shave November Bishopric.  Hmmmm.
Brother Call (First Counselor), Brother Mitchell (Second Counselor), Brother Walzman (High Councilor), Dad, and Brother Trent (Ward Clerk).

 
 
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
Decorating the tree.
 
 
Jayna was sick with a very bad headache.  :(


 
Ta da!

 
As we all know, decorating the tree with Joshua is always interesting.
He always insists on putting all tree ornaments with bells at the very, very bottom of the tree.  His theory?  The bells protect the presents.  If anyone tries to steal the presents, we will hear the bells ring and be able to catch them. 
 

 
This year he created an "animal corner."  All the ornaments that are animals or have animals on them now occupy one strip of the tree from top to bottom.

 
And there's another place for all our "recreational" Santas. 

 
But his favorite is where he placed the scary clown chasing the runner.  He thinks if the clown catches the runner he will beat him with the small Christmas tree in his hand.  Bwhaha!
 
 
When the kids were asleep, I'd usually go back and moved the ornaments around a little bit.  I think I'll leave them the way they are this year.
 

1 comment:

  1. I laughed so hard at Josh's decorating. I am so proud of you for leaving it. I chuckled all over again when I found myself moving the ornaments my own kids placed on our tree. I am my mother's daughter. Of course, the reasoning behind my redecorating has more to do with ornaments potentially going missing or getting broken...

    ReplyDelete