Saturday, September 20, 2014

Farewell to Saturns and Sodas

For Family Home Evening we went on a new hike--
Upper Reservoir Lake in Palmer Lake.
 
Lower Reservoir.
 
 
Lower Reservoir.

 
Upper Resevoir.
We ate our dinner up here.  It was so peaceful and quiet.

 
 
On Thursday Elizabeth made us pizza on the grill for dinner.
It was so delicious!


 
 
After 14 years, we said goodbye to the Saturn.
Dad sold it on Craigslist.  Sniff, sniff.

 
We reminisced about the day we bought it.
It was a Saturday.  Jayna was six.  The van was in the driveway.  And the Mazda was in the garage.  Jayna got into the Mazda by herself and accidently made it start moving backwards.  It scared her and she opened the door to get out.  She didn't make it out (thank goodness!), but the car kept going.  The open door of the Mazda hit the van and was pushed backwards to the point we couldn't shut the door anymore.  Jayna felt bad and told Dad she would pay for it.  The older kids thought Jayna was going to get in big trouble.  But she ended up being a hero in their eyes when Dad left with the Mazda (with the door roped shut) and returned with a brand new car--the Saturn!
 
 
So I took a challenge from Laura not to drink soda for a year starting on Sunday.
So Saturday night I decided to have one last rootbeer.
I'm not sure how I feel about it.
 
I think I'm sad.

 
No, I don't know if I'll be able to do it--so I'm scared . . .

 
. . . or maybe anxious.

 
No, I really want to drink it.  So I'm angry. 
 
 
But after thinking about it, I'm really happy!
 
 
PS.  Do you like my new glasses?

1 comment: